Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Well.  It's started.  Pastor's wife filed for divorce yesterday.

I'm told that he froze all their assets which prompted her to file.  

I'm told she asked for his cell phone records and her lawyer recommended against it. 

I'm told a young woman, one whom I like quite a bit, was asked to speak before the board.  They asked her if she knew anything about what was happening.  She said no and was quite upset.

My source is a reliable one.  

I'm thinking a lot of 2Cor 4:8,

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

The Holy Spirit will work it all out in his time.  I can only wait.  Pray and wait.  Wait and pray.

I felt I could keep attending till the Holy Spirit told me otherwise.  Or, I told myself, if he was mean to his wife I couldn't bear to be around him.

So.  I'm going to visit another church on Sunday.

I don't feel great about it, but something's wrong at my church.  Something has gone terribly wrong. Forty years of marriage comes to this?

No comments: