Thursday, March 21, 2013

I'm refreshed.  Renewed.  I listened all night to Andrew Wommack on grieving.  Four podcasts.  Okay, I listened to two.

Romans 8:18 - "For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us and for and and conferred on us!" 

The chapter is about life in the Spirit.  We're empowered by the spirit of God to overcome sin.

And Paul was in far more dire straits than I.  My sadness is nothing compared to his.  He was in a dungeon so dark.  He was whipped.  His back laid open.  And he was chained.  He couldn't even sit comfortably.  And, he sang.

Everything will be all right.  I have to keep getting out on Sunday morn and not sit in the muck.  Must get out and be with the people of God.  Forsake not the assembling...

1 comment:

Jules said...

Lil, my heart just aches for you. I wish I had some words of wisdom but I haven't. You will grieve for your old church and for what's happening there for a very long time. Praying for you.