Saturday, January 04, 2014

No Revelation Wellness scholarship for me.  Meh.  Too bad, so sad.  I do wish Lisa would have emailed me and confirmed as soon as she knew that I didn't get anything.  She could have spared me a long week of anticipation and hope and wondering.

So where does this leave me.  Surely I don't need this one single certification.  I won't deny, it woulda been nice!  But it was a "wanna have" not a "hafta have."  Right?  (I try to convince myself.)

I sure wish I had listened to my dance teachers all those years when they explained what the muscles were that caused each movement.  I thought it dull and tuned it out. I just wanted to move.  Psoas?  Pish posh, who cares where it is and what it does?  Well, 25 years later, I do.  Should have applied myself more.  "Shoulda, woulda, coulda" as my husband says.

What do I want.  I'm most interested in developing flexibility and strength.  Now Yoga seems like the perfect thing but I'm not into the eastern aspect of yoga and this town is already saturated with yoga and masseuses anyway.  One of my favorite college classes was called "Stretch and Flex."  My dance instructor taught it.  That's the kind of class I would like to lead here.  It would complement Zumba.  And stretching, flexibility, strength and balance are so important to everyday living.

One thing she said that has always stuck with me was "How do you define physically fit?"  How?  She said, "If you can do everything you want to do, then that is physically fit."  So if you wanna climb cliffs or be an extreme skateboarder you gotta have a certain level of fitness to do that.  If you wanna be able to vacuum and do the marketing, you have to have a certain level of fitness for that.  She absolutely loved dance, but had a back injury.  It was sad, but she still taught.  She said she wanted to set an example and she did.  She wasn't the best dancer but she loved dance with a passion.

Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind.

No comments: