Monday, August 22, 2011

Man, did I waste the day or what. It's been an achy breaky day. Tomorrow is sure to be better. I've been in this recliner all day long and now it's time for bed. My husband was nice and got the reading lamp from the Zumba room and put it here in the living room. I got my new, cool archeological study Bible and it was worth the wait. I love it. I got it embossed with "Little Mamma." That's what my husband calls me.

So I found a lovely cool down song with choreo for Zumba. It's Psalm 100 in Hebrew. Really beautiful and I love knowing it's a Psalm. It will be good for everyone's ears and heart.

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Whew. Nice verses. Makes me breathless.

The best news about a friend. She is interested in coming to church. My wonderful new best friend is talking with her and giving her blessed encouragement. It's like the touch of a touch of a touch of God. It's wondrous. And I did a second Bible study with my friend. It went well. Exceedingly well. I am much encouraged. It's extremely edifying to share the Word of God with someone who loves the Lord. There are, I'm thinking, people who have fire in them for the Lord, but they need that spark of it to be lit. They need the right person to reach out toward them. And if maybe no one ever reaches out, think of that. That's a terrible thing. It's like treacherous. It's cruel.  Or maybe it's them reaching out, not me, and I was just the one there at the time. So then, if that's right, you gotta be ready.  You gotta study and talk and share and live it because you never know who around you is going to reach out and what their need is.  Because each person is a little different.  They are in a certain place and you need to be able to recognize it.  No.  It's not me, who recognizes.  It's the Holy Spirit.  I don't have the ability to know the right thing to say, but our Comforter and Counselor, the Holy Spirit, does.  Hmmm?  Okay, that's settled.

Some will, some won't, so what, keep going. That's how you have to approach it. I was so afraid of not doing any good that I did nothing for a duper long time, rather than something. It's easy to do nothing and likewise it's not that hard to do something. I suppose our adversary, the devil, is aware of that moreso than I am.  I just thought of that.

Writing is good for the soul.

I've got an M.O. (Modus Operandi).  I pray.  I say something.  I pray. Then I wait. And pray. See what comes of it. Be patient. Wait for a question. Wait for a look.  Then pray some more.

I invited another girl to church.  I wonder if she's thinking of it.  She's sometimes all broke up and sad and aching.  She should come with me.  Another woman, I want her to come, but she speaks Spanish and I speak English.  It's a problem.

I ordered new Zumba clothes.  Hope they fit.  I am set to start teaching Zumba to the kids at the Christian private school next month.  I hope it'll be well received.  Kids are fun, but teens can be a tough crowd.  I'm tougher than they are though.  Rawr!  We're doing Zumba in the hot sun for 30 minutes.  I better go try it tomorrow.  I'd hate to pass out and faint in front of everyone!

Came home Thursday and Petey the Pig was half way up the block.  He's moseying along like nobody's business.  I got home and told my husband and he phoned our son.  Son came home and brought Pete back home too.  There was a dog barking at Pete and I thought he might hurt him but my husband said Pete can take care of himself.  Then I remembered how Winston, our pig from last year, got in a fight with a pig in the pen next to him at the county fair, and boy howdy they can fight.  So I realized I was silly to think the dog could hurt Pete.  Pete's bigger than most dogs now anyways.  Sometimes he runs to me like crazy, ears a boppin' up and down, when I call him.  Likes to have his belly rubbed.

Son went trail riding in the mountains today with friend.  Had rain and thunder and a bit of lightning.  They left at 7am and got back at 6:45pm.  He's asleep now.  Sleepin' like a baby.  I'm so glad he's not sitting around.  That boy sure keeps busy.  I guess it's his gift.  There'll be no moss growing under that stone, that's for sure.

Oh.  I've been so proud that the trainer says Bella is smart.  She is a smart horse.  But we all have our weaknesses too, eh?  Well, the trainer says Bella is...lazy.  Shucks.  Our Bella?  Actually, I'm not too surprised.  Her mama is lazy.  And I hear her daddy is too, so she got a double dose of lazy genes.  We'll work on her.  She is a thinker though!  Laura says Bella thinks of things overnight and then does better the next day.  That there is a smart horse, for sure.

Tomorrow is Monday.

No comments: