Saturday, August 13, 2011

151 lbs

I have a friend and I'm thinking of asking her to church soon.  I would be so happy if she would come.  I told her I'd pray for her and she said okay and asked for more prayer.  I can do that.  For sure!

Little Petey is doing well.  He had two visitors yesterday.  The man we bought him from came and looked at him and the 4-H coordinator for the county dropped by and weighed him on a big portable scale.  Petey weighs 151 pounds.  The other day I got home from Zumba and called him and he ran to me!  So sweet.  Then he plopped down and rolled to his side for me to rub his tummy.  When he lays on his side his four feet stick straight out into the air.  He has a nice smooth tummy.  He's got kind of a lot of nipples though.  Twelve of 'em.  And he's a guy.

Zumba was good.  Only five people.  It's so, so dang hot.  I wonder if classes will grow when school starts and/or when the weather cools down.  During the week I had only eight or nine each night.   I'm doing a new routine next week with the song "La Loca" by Shakira.  It has one instance of "Oh God" in it that I wish I could edit out.  A guy online said he would but he hasn't.  I don't know if he's gonna do it for me or not.

Bella hurt her leg.  The swelling has decreased tremendously and it looks like she can restart her training on maybe Tuesday.   We sure miss having her in the front yard.  The other day I was walking through the yard to the pig pen thinking, I can't believe I'm here, I can't believe I'm here.  Our son is learning to be a horseman and I'm going to pet the pig.  I'm living in the desert in a little cracker box house, and we are content.  Then I noticed some trash on the ground.  The wind blows and I'm forever picking up bits of garbage off the ground.  How long will we live here and where will we go next?  I have no idea.  I know I don't want to move this furniture anywhere ever again.  That's fer sure.

Son got fine compliments from the woman who is the horse trainer.  She's had an extremely good effect on him: on his life and self-worth.  I rather dislike the whole "self-esteem" thing so I say "self-worth."  I suppose 'worth' has more to do with quality and 'esteem' has more to do with opinion.  He's so unlike me.  He doesn't sleep late.  He showers and goes to bed by 10 or 11pm to get up early for work.  He's earned at least $500 this summer.  All on his own.  Apparently word spreads.  He was asked to help pick-up a load of hay and earned another $25 yesterday.

I think I'll watch my new Zumba DVD that came in the mail today.  Hope they have a super routine I like.  I also ordered a new Bible for myself.  I ordered the Archaeological Study Bible (NIV).  I don't have an NIV Bible.  I have King James and Amplified in one.  I got my name on my new Bible too.  There's no tracking though.  I wonder if they mailed the book at rate shipping or what.  I wish it would hurry up and get here.  A lot of customers mentioned it's too large to be carried around much, but if I like it I'm gonna lug it around no matter how big it is.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Ok at first I thought you were posting your current weight! LOL

Liliana said...

Hehe! I'd have to be pregnant to get to that weight again.

SchnauzerMom said...

I wish I could say that I was no where near that weight, but...
I really like the NIV bible, reads really easy.