Saturday, June 11, 2011

True Grit

We're watching it for the second time. It is so good. The dialogue is unusual. My husband tells me the dialogue was the same in the original film with John Wayne. I need to watch it a third time to catch more of what they're saying. And not a single "F" word in it. Unusual for our times.

My daughter-in-law sent me a video of family photos that she put together. It made me cry. The pictures, so pretty. I did not know when my son married her that she would be such a blessing. I am very fond of her. I love my daughter-in-law. She is very beautiful too. I don't think she realizes it. She has pretty eyes and hair and lips and body. Well, I suppose that pretty much covers everything, eh.

There were 12 in my Zumba class today. Quite a crowd for our area for a Saturday. The energy was excellent.

My friend. I call her my best friend as I have a best friend now. She went to Texas to see futbol and she met her family there. They brought her gifts from Costa Rica where they live and she gave me two Costa Rica tops and a bag of candy. The candy is chocolate with guava jelly inside and it is so delicious. I don't usually care for candy, but this candy is yummy. One of my tops is a racerback and on the back it says "Pura Vida." Oh I like it very much. I didn't get her anything for her birthday though because. I don't know why. Because I couldn't think of what to give her.

I want an ironing board that attaches to the door and you fold it up to store it and down to use it. Helen has one. It's a very fine ironing board.

2 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

I haven't seen the new True Grit yet. I really liked the one with John Wayne. I think it's great that you and your daughter-in-law get along so well.

Liliana said...

I will have to watch the old John Wayne one someday.