Monday, June 27, 2011

Faith explosion

Due to things happening in my life and the recent responses to my last post, I'm having a faith explosion.

I can't stop reading scripture. I can hardly put my Bible away. I'm learning it remarkably efficiently and am finding verses I need to support my witness. One scripture leads to another and supports the one before and after.

I have five volunteers from the teen group to help me launch my upcoming Zumbatomic classes in July for ages 4-12, plus Mayela who blesses me with encouragement. The reaction from the teen group to my short demo was exhilarating. They clapped and smiled and had fun. This means I've picked good songs and choreography so far.

My uncle has blessed us with a large monetary inheritance.

I did wake up with the baby song "Chi Chi Ua" ringing in my head which could send me over the edge. I'm using it in my Zumbatomic class. It's terribly cute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S03RFm1xKY&feature=related

5 comments:

mermayd said...

Watch part 1 of the videos on this page, it's good food for thought.

http://www.dailypaul.com/161107/freeloaders-john-stossel-special-ge-pays-no-taxes-he-dresses-as-a-homeless-guy-toomust-see

I believe sometimes it is important to go with your gut.

Liliana said...

Hi Mermayd! The thing is, I was going with my gut all the time. And this allowed no space for the Holy Spirit. In the Old Testament in Leviticus 19:18 it says to love thy neighbor as thyself. It's not a suggestion. It's a commandment.

In the NT Jesus is asked, "Exactly who is my neighbor?" He replies, "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.' "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?" The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

I know you know that parable. I hope it's not too long to put here.

You have a point - there are shameless cheaters, liars, drug users of all sorts. I saw the show with Stossel when it was on tv. I can't say I found it surprising. Those suckers were earning good money from begging.

But to tell the truth, even considering the liars on the Stossel segment, "There but for the grace of God go I."

mermayd said...

I totally get what you are saying - and I don't think that ALL should be treated as though they are cheaters, liars and drug dealers. I'm just thinking along the lines of how sometimes it is in the best interest of a child to get some "tough love" from a parent in order to straighten up.

Liliana said...

:) I'm in favor of tough love too. It's always interesting to talk with you Mermayd! Thanks for your comment. You've helped me think more clearly about what I write and think. We'll have plenty to think about and discuss in the next 17 months!

mermayd said...

:-) And some of us who happen to practice tough love all the time, should learn compassion as well. It's not always easy to know when to do what. And we don't always make the right choice either. Yes, the next 17 months ought to be interesting.