Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's possible that my manager may be invited for an interview for assistant controller where I work.  If he does, and if he was to get the job then I'd have an opportunity to go full time.  I really like part time.  But, I suppose if the opportunity presented itself then I would take it.  It might be hard to do my Zumba and work full time though.  Could I do it?  Even four hours a days wears me out sometimes!  I will put it in God's hands.

We want to put a 20' x 30' cement pad in the back.  I wanted cement as it would be nice to park on and wash the vehicles, but I didn't expect he'd want such a big one.  It will sure be nice though.  We'll be able to park the car and truck side by side.  We need a cover too, for shade.

We put our name on the mailbox yesterday.  Quite exciting to be sure!  My husband scraped the letters off and I stuck on the new ones.  The previous owner had only the husband's name on the mailbox.  I thought it odd to put only the man's name.  We put "The so-and-so's."  Well, not actually "so-and-so" but our last name as a family.  I think it's much warmer.  And I placed it diagonally on the box.  No one else has theirs diagonal!

Soon I must take a photo of my Madora comb for the hair board.  Five teeth have fallen off of it now and here I thought it was a quality comb when I bought it.  It's not quality at all.  The last tooth fell off right on my counter.  I didn't drop it or anything.  I picked up my comb and simply saw that yet another tooth fell off.  And I had hoped to save this comb for posterity.  Sheesh.  I have to find a new good comb now.  I use it every day.

I'm doing a new routine for Zumba tomorrow.  I really need to practice before I go to bed.  Last night I had 15 in class.  That's a cool $75 bucks.  It makes me so happy to have such a full class.  I take time to talk with them after class and it's such a blessing.  Last night one student gave me a handmade macrame rosary that she made and another gave me some crushed seashells to use in my organizer in my bathroom.  She loves to organize and she gave me the idea to set my mascara and small items in the seashell filler.  Similar to putting hairsticks in a bowl of rice to hold them in place.

My husband is working all week-end for the holiday.  No time off till next week.  I wonder if I get Monday off for Labor Day?  No one has said anything.

Wrrd is, they're talkin' about me at church cause I've missed three weeks in a row.  No wonder my ears were burning.  No one has chastised me though.  Heck, I'd be chastising all over the place if my friends missed three weeks.

Boss asked me today about what church I go to and about rumors he'd heard.  I told him they're not rumors.  He listened intently.  He seemed, hmmm, sympathetic, I think.

My very good friend walked through the sanctuary Monday and saw left over juice and wafers from communion just laying on the floor.  She was very upset.  I know it's symbolic but it's wrong to leave it out like that.  What's worse than that?  Leaving people's prayer requests spread out.  She said the new pastor and the youth pastor saw them and did nothing.  Tuesday, the leftover communion cups and wafers had been picked up... but the prayer requests were still there.  That's sacrilegious.  Just thinking of it makes me want to cry.  What's wrong with people?  As long as they are there and the same board remains at that church, I will not go there.  It's not right.

My current favorite song, "If We Are The Body" by Casting Crowns.
  


No comments: