Sunday, June 16, 2013

Taboola.com needs to be flushed down the toilet

This Sunday morning I'm reading the news.  I'm waiting a little while till I take husband out for Father's Day.  The article I'm reading on Huffington Post is "Dick Cheney: Edward Snowden Is A Traitor And Possibly A Chinese Spy".

I finish the article and at the bottom I see thumbnail pictures with in small grey text "You May Like".

What may I like?  May I like these articles they say I may like?  Because here are the headlines for the articles Taboola claims I may like:

"Coco Shows Booty Popping Progress in a String Bikini"

"MMA Fighter Breaks His Penis During Sex"

"Danny Brown Receives Oral Sex From Fan On Stage, Keep Rapping"

"See Just How Gorgeous Killzone: Shadow Fall Looks"

The last one, I have no idea what it's talking about and I'm not clicking.  The others are disgusting and foul.  I'm careful about where I surf.  Usually you get cookies and they know what you've been surfing and so you'll receive adverstisements, for example, based on what you've already looked it.  But I didn't look at anything that should send me such filthy recommendations.  How could I get such icky recommendations?

Last week I did google Kate Middleton's topless photo.  Could that be it?  I thought, how stupid could a princess be to be half naked anywhere in the world.  I thought they had to be super blurry.  Well, I found them and they're more in focus than I expected, but could Huffpo be tracking my searching?  It was the only questionable search I did.

Then I noticed the articles were brought to me by one Taboola.com.  Went to their site and it reads, "People like your content.  Some just don't know it yet."

Gross.

So I should stick to TheBlaze which doesn't use Taboola.  Here's a nice article from The Blaze:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/16/cute-video-alert-sea-lion-pup-jumps-onto-boat-cuddles-with-driver/

Phillipians 4:8
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."








1 comment:

SchnauzerMom said...

I get junk like that too. I don't know where it comes from.