Sunday, April 21, 2013

I don't want to go to church tomorrow. 

I got new wispies cut in to frame my face and my husband said he likes how it looks, so, BAM, that's good.

I'm hungry and I have to go to bed and I don't want to get up and go to a church tomorrow.  I can worship anywhere.  I have been worshipping anywhere and everywhere on Sundays.  Have gone to three churches now.  But it's a drag.  Total.  Drag. 

Technically, it's not that I don't like the churches, it's just that the people are all so old.  I guess when you get old and have no desire to commit the usual sins it's must be easier to live in faith, because, like, what are you going to do against God anyway?  It's all been done and all that's left is going to church on Sunday.

Husband started his seasonal job today so that's good.  We'll easily afford hay for the coming year.  Sal invited him to watch football at his house when football season arrives and Sal is nice and has a nice family.  It would be enjoyable for my husband I think.

We got rid of cable last week, so no more O'Reilly for us.  That, and McLaughlin are the only shows we'll miss.  We waited till the Bible show was over then cancelled.  Satan rules the cable tv networks anyway, so no great loss.

Got a massage today and it was very nice.  She did my hands and feet and neck.  I really enjoyed it.  I used the gift certificate that I bought a year ago for Ryan, but he never came back to town so figured I ought to go ahead and use it.  I've had some terrible massages in the past, but she did a good job.  She's not a clock watcher.  That's unusual.  She said she's coming to Zumba next week!  It's been over ten years since my last massage.

I don't want to go to church anymore.  I used to look forward all week to Sunday.  Now every week I dread it coming closer and closer. 

1 comment:

Jules said...

You had me laughing. Not about your church situation which is no laughing matter and which I know is so difficult, but about old people losing the desire to commit the 'usual sins' and therefore have nothing to do but go to church. I wish I could say it's true but one of the saddest stories I've heard happened in a nursing home where a husband in his 90s cheated on his wife. So no one's immune.

Your hair sounds pretty. We want photos!!!