Monday, February 05, 2007

Refund coming

I found my Canon camera rebate papers! They were right where I left them, in my notebook in the back. I called Canon to ask for a fax number to send in another copy of the warranty card they say they never received. I told them I'm sure I sent them a copy and it's no problem for me to send them another. It's the funniest thing. Then the guy said he approved my rebate and there was no need to mail in the duplicate. I should receive my check in 4 - 6 weeks. It's supposed to be $240.00. I have to call again to confirm that amount because while I was on hold my cell phone went dead.

Now isn't it peculiar that all I had to do was say I had a duplicate to mail them, and then the clerk said nevermind? Just think...had I never phoned, I'd have never received my rebate. Canon would have kept my rebate. I think something stinks in Canon's rebate department.

And thank goodness for the Web. I read how a lot of people were having trouble getting their rebates from Canon so I was real careful, dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's, before I submitted my paperwork. They asked for a copy of the the warranty card, rebate form, original UPC code from the side of the box (I had to use a box cutter to cut it out), and a copy of the sales receipt. A whole lot of customers had paperwork lost or never received by Canon. Yeah, right. A few people, sure, I can understand that, but there are too many complaints from customers. Canon just doesn't want to honor all the rebates. It's definitely a good rebate and worth follow-up for the customer.