Saturday, August 04, 2007

My cleanest dirty shirt no more

I was supposed to get up early but I was so comfy I couldn't get out of bed until 10:45am. Tomorrow's my last chance because Monday morn we leave.

Son worked in the restaurant today and they gave him a free double scoop of sherbet ice cream. He was thrilled. The cook is a real nice older gal and she offered to make him a free grilled cheese dinner but he told her thanks, he already had dinner. We snuck over there and peeked through the postcard rack and watched him as he cleared tables. I didn't let him see us because he wants to be all big, working on his own. He empties the trash and washes a few dishes too. Said he killed about 20 flies and I believe him. They've got flies in there all right. That kid. He amazes us. I don't know how he gets in with people.

My husband replaced the pump in our clothes washer, it's a little Splendide miniature washer/dryer in one, so we're back in business to do our own laundry. It's been broken since April. I've been wearing my cleanest dirty shirt like the lyrics to Johnny Cash's "Sunday Mornin' Coming Down"...

Well I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head, that didn't hurt
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

Only I don't drink beer because I don't like it and there's only two steps in our trailer.

Not much else. It was a nice day though I feel I wasted it. I did wax my arms and stuff. Only took THREE hours. Friday our son was examining my arms because he spied some hair on them. My glasses don't work that far so I'm walking around thinking last month's wax in still in effect. He tells my husband when he has nose hairs too. Luckily, I haven't had to worry about that yet.