Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hair pic 38.5"


A hair picture is due! This month I'm at 38.5. This is at our campground. I fixed my hair up on one side with little flowers (fake) and the wind blew it all around so you can't tell it's fixed.

Heads up. I got two emails about Holland. The skinny on that is that it's the Netherlands if you look on your map. Technically, Holland is the western part only but people who don't live there might refer to the whole country as Holland because they don't know any better. That's what Sarah said and she's from there so she should know! And Leia, she's our Loom world traveler, told me that in Holland the language spoken is Dutch. Netherland peeps are Dutch.

Oh I do find it a little bit confusing, so I'll have to work on remembering Dutch people live in Holland and Holland is part of the Netherlands, you can refer to the whole of the Netherlands as Holland, but you better look for the Netherlands on a map. Didn't know you were going to get a geography lesson today, did ya!

And the story I know called The Little Dutch Boy apparently is way more popular and well-known in the U.S. than in the Netherlands. That's what this page told me. Knock me over with a feather. I was so surprised. That's a great legend.