Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Flying out of my frame


Well the first day of August is over. Temperature stayed down in the 80s so I was able to be outside for a few hours today without overheating. I met two ladies: one from Holland and one from Barrow, Alaska. Isn't Holland called Denmark now? Why did she say Holland? But if she's from there, then the Hollanders should know best what they want to be called. But there's no Holland on my wall map. Hmmm. I have to think about this.

I went out at 4:30pm to take photos of the horses next door. I don't know where the time went, but I lost track of time and I was supposed to start dinner at 5:00pm. I saw my husband across the field walking towards me and he said, "Liliana, didn't you say you were going to make dinner?" I said, "Oh dear, yes I am, I'm sorry. I guess I lost track of time." And he replied in a long, patient drawl, "YYYeeeesssss, you do have that affliction."

I stood there and thought for a minute and then I said, "I AM afflicted, aren't I! I guess I'm AFFLICTED."

And I ran home to make dinner!