Sunday, August 05, 2007

Our working 10-year-old

Tonight he earned a free ice cream and one of the waitresses gave him $5.00 for helping out in the restaurant. I'm so proud of him. He's a real worker bee. And he learned from it too. He said, "Mamma, it's hard work. My feet hurt. I don't want to work in a restaurant when I grow up." He washed dishes, cleared tables, wiped tables, emptied the garbage three times and put up all the chairs after closing. He worked about two hours.

Ahhhh yes. Experience speaks volumes and he learns that which I cannot teach in a one hour lesson.

Tomorrow we go on the road but it'll be a short four hour drive. It's two days driving to the place where I hope to find wild mustangs.

The management here gave us two free days. Wasn't that nice? We thought it was very, very nice. I'm sad to leave here but happy because I think we will return next year. It's a beautiful place.