Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday

I had a good hair day. Wore it down to church. Didn't see the lady with the long, long hair though. Drats.

On Friday night I was asked to go to a house blessing. We walked throughout the inside of the house and prayed, then prayed over the perimeter of the house as well. Anointed it with oil too. It was my first house blessing! I watched one lady, the aunt of the young couple, walk through and pray and touch the windows, the cupboards, the electrical outlets, the A/C unit outside. Man, she blessed the whole caboodle pretty thoroughly. I told her she must have done a few house blessings before and she told me she hadn't done that many actually. She told me about a ranch they bought and raised their kids on and that she had it blessed because she had worried about spiritual warfare in the house because the previous owner's teenager committed suicide there. I didn't tell her I jumped off of a bridge when I was 17, but I wanted to. My son was nearby, so I didn't say anything. I should think they would pray for the soul of that poor, dead teenager. To commit suicide is to believe you have no hope. I didn't get any bad vibes from her when she spoke of the suicide and I felt she was strictly protecting her family and that's a good thing to do. I felt really badly about the dead boy though. Probably lonely he was. And angry. And lost. Definitely lost. He had nobody to protect him.

I'm not checking my usual news sites next week. I don't think I'm much interested in the bizarro world headlines.

My dad called me tonight. He wanted to know if I wanted his box of classical music cassette tapes. I think they're rather dear to him. I told him if I could have them on my iPod, that would be great, but I don't own a cassette player (anymore). I mean, it's 2009, right? He was a bit tiffed I didn't want them, but he has no idea how hard it is for me to say no to him. I always say yes to my dad. Once I even said yes to these ginormous bright blue plastic barrels. I don't know why I said yes. I just couldn't say no. They were in our backyard for months. An eyesore! Finally I put them out for the trash man. My husband gave me guff about accepting those giant blue barrels for the longest time! Well, my dad was not happy about me saying no. I told him, I said, "Dad, I have no space." We reside in an RV. Our Ford truck pulls our 31 foot trailer. And my dad says, "It's shoe box sized, not that big." Help me, puh-leeze! Space is at a premium in my life. If I had space for a shoe box I'd put some new clothes in it, not cassette tapes! Ahh well. Moving on.

Tomorrow is a new, fresh day. Praise the Lord!

No comments: