Tuesday, December 04, 2007

40.5" today


Hair talk - Forty point five inches.

Second baby blanket finito! This is for a four year old nephew who likes horses and is crazy about the cowboy boots his mom bought him. It feels so soft. My stitches weren't as even as I'd like because my sewing foot didn't walk evenly all the time. Still, for a little boy it's okay. He'll never notice some of the stitching is uneven. The thickness made the sewing a little more challenging. I hope when he sees it that it makes his eyes happy. I'm going to make some kind of a gift card to go with the blankets that will explain that they're meant to be used - in the car, at home, dragged on the floors, and taken out of doors. Hmmm, got a little rhyme going there. I might use that. And they're sturdy, 100% polyester, 100% washable. I'm making the pink one next. Hot pink satin and kitty cats!

Got an email that my sword should be in the UPS mail tomorrow. Hoo boy! I was kind of worried about that back order deal, but looks like it'll be a-okay. I hope it balances well.

Hanukkah starts today my husband said. Advent began last Sunday. I do love the Advent season, a time to prepare our hearts for Christmas - the celebration of the birth of Christ, the Messiah. I made our Advent wreath today. It's a little bit pretty. I like it. We're doing a devotional each night after dinner. My husband is sure warming up to Jesus. I feel he is. Everyone goes at their own speed and you can support and encourage, but no one should be forced or rushed. The waiting is killing me though. I impress myself because I can see that I've learned so much in the past few years. I can actually answer questions regarding the reading. It's important to learn and grow. Many Christians claim the Christianity, but they're like infants suckling still. It takes effort and persistence to grow in faith. After our scripture reading which was Matthew 21:12-22 tonight, we sang the Christmas carol "Do You Hear What I Hear?" We have awful voices, but we have fun singing. We sound so bad that we just laugh and laugh at ourselves!